A community news source for residents of the HarriOak neighborhood in Oakland, CA.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Stay-away order for neighborhood drug dealer: Elijah Isiah Jones

 Elijah Isiah Jones, 21, also known as "Juicy," (far left) received a second stay-away order from the neighborhood from Judge Carrie Panetta and was sentenced to 180 days in jail after being arrested repeatedly for selling drugs, including cocaine base, in the neighborhood. His last offense, on March 22, 2012, occurred while he was out on bail for previous offenses. At a hearing on April 10, 2012, Jones was sentenced to five years of probation for the drug offenses, and he received a stay-away order to keep 300 yards away from the 400 block of Fairmount (a notorious rendezvous for dealers) and 300 yards away from the 100 block of Stanley Place (the handoff spot of choice). Jones almost immediately violated the order, and was arrested again, which is how he came to be sentenced by Judge Panetta, who on May 23, 2012, in the excellent tradition of Alameda County judges, immediately gave Jones 90 days credit and cut his sentence in half.

 You can be on the lookout for him to join his friends around the Vernon Market area and Stanley Place in August.

 If the name "Juicy" sounds familiar, in the spring of 2008, a juvenile who went by the street name of "Juicy" alleged held up neighbors on the corner of Oakland Avenue and Pearl Street with a fully loaded semiautomatic. As of May 2008, "Juicy" was in jail on weapons charges. It is not known whether they were related to the alleged incident on Oakland Avenue or not.

 The picture above is from a Photobucket account and was titled "Thugginonpearl.jpg" It follows a picture of a large quantity of prescription cough syrup called "syrup."

 Since the "ThugginonPearl" photo was taken a few years ago, Elijah Jones got in a knife fight and almost lost an eye. As a result he's been under the care of the Bay Area Retina Associates at 491 30th Street. This came up in court discussion of the restraining order because it is about 1 mile from the HarriOak neighborhood. A more recent picture of Jones is here:

As far as we know, he's never lived in the neighborhood. When he was arrested his address was 775 15th Street, which is a 28 minute commute if you take the 51A bus.

No comments: